Bridgette and Gabe

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Jay eating real food 1st time


I have been looking at baby led feeding as a way to introduce solid foods to jay. Basically how it works it you look for their cues that they are ready to try eating the same food you eat. You have the baby around you when you eat so that they see you feeding yourself. Then when the baby reaches for food you let them take it (depending on what it is. The purpose is to teach the baby how to chew first then swallow instead swallow first then chew like what happens when babies are fed mushy baby foods. it makes total sense to me. So tonight when I had jay watching me make dinner in his bumbo and I could tell he was eyeing it. So  I decided to try and see if he would take some avocado out of my hand. 

No comments:

Post a Comment